Strong Leadership and Experience
Working closely with Sen. Alario for over eleven years, Pat has compiled an impressive record of legislative accomplishments which resulted in major improvements to our infrastructure and quality of life for the West Bank.
The list of legislative accomplishments includes laws to:
- Prevent domestic violence and protect children from sexual predators
- Protect shrimpers and crabbers from losses from the BP oil spill, over regulation, and foreign imports.
- Secure hundreds of millions of federal dollars for coastal restoration
- Expose the waste associated with the CCCD and by doing so eliminated the CCCD and saved West Bank residents over $132 million in tolls.
- Obtain funds to widen Ames and Barataria Boulevards, a new down ramp for Mac Arthur Boulevard., refurbish 4th Street Harvey Canal Bridge, and 4th St beautification projects
- Provide funding for preservation and restoration of Hope Haven
- Establish 3-D mammogram technology as the minimum standard for Louisiana’s women
- Obtain millions of state dollars for improvements to Parc de Familles
- Archbishop Shaw High School, 1979
- Loyola University at New Orleans, 1983, B.A.
- Loyola University Law School, 1993, J.D.
- Patrick is married to Rhonda Connick
- Three children
No one is better prepared, or capable, to follow John Alario in the Senate than Pat Connick.