Since 2008, Pat has authored and passed 52 pieces of legislation and 27 resolutions to protect our citizens and create a more efficient and accountable government.
Here are just some of Pat’s Accomplishments in the state legislature:
Protecting citizens and improve the quality of life by strengthening and passing laws to:
- Prevent domestic violence laws
- Protect our children from sexual predators
- Protect homeowners from debt scavengers
- Strengthen litter laws
- Prohibit the DOTD from using CCCD “toll credits” on projects not located on the West Bank
- Protect fishermen from harm caused by the BP oil spill and foreign imports
- Fund hundreds of millions of dollars in coastal restoration projects
- Require 3-D mammogram imaging be made available to our wives, daughters and sisters
Exposing and eliminating wasteful governmental agencies:
- Called for numerous audits and investigations which ultimately resulted in the elimination of the tolls and the Crescent City Connection Division of the CCCD.
- As a result, since 2012, toll payers on the West Bank have saved over $132 million dollars that would have continued to pay for a non-functioning self-serving governmental bureaucracy.
- Called for audits of the New Orleans Sewage and Water Board and the Louisiana State Racing Commission.
- Forced Churchill Downs to re-invest in the New Orleans Fairgrounds instead of sending hundreds of millions of our dollars back to their corporate offices in Kentucky.
- Passed legislation that requires the Public Service Commission perform audits of “pass through” charges on a timely basis.
Returned millions of our Tax Dollars to invest in and improve West Bank infrastructure:
- Improved and widened Ames Blvd.
- Improved and widened Barataria Blvd.
- Constructed new down ramp for MacArthur Blvd.
- Refurbished the 4th Street Harvey Canal Bridge
- Beautification of 4th Street and Barataria Blvd.
- Obtained initial funding for the preservation and restoration of Hope Haven
- Provided millions of state dollars for Parc de Familles improvements